Research Assistant (m/f) in the area of theoretical and quantitative macroeconom
Title: Research Assistant (m/f) in the area of theoretical and quantitative macroeconom
- Employer: Deutsche Bundesbank (Personalmarketing)
- Location: Germany
- Position Type: Other Non-Academic
- Deadline: Jul 30, 2017
- Job Description:
The Bundesbank is one of the biggest central banks in the world and works in the public interest. Our business areas include monetary policy, banking supervision, financial stability, cash management and payment systems.
We are looking to recruit a part-time (50%)
Research Assistant (m/f)
in the area of theoretical and quantitative macroeconomics
for the Higher Service, initially on a two-year contract, to work in the Research Centre at our Central Office in Frankfurt am Main.
What the job entails
You will support the academic work of your Research Centre colleagues in the area of theoretical and quantitative macroeconomics, in particular by maintaining, applying and expanding the Bundesbank DSGE model.
Working in an international team, you will contribute to the Deutsche Bundesbank's decision-making process by providing insights into fundamental issues based on academic research. In your work, you will have access to excellent IT and data resources and interact with leading international academics.
What we have to offer
Alongside a unique set of tasks, we offer attractive employment conditions. We can also support you in the completion of your PhD in a variety of ways.
What we need from you
- Accredited Master's degree or equivalent qualification with above-average results in the fields of economics, mathematics or statistics, or working towards a PhD in Economics
- Working towards a specialisation in theoretical and quantitative macroeconomics, in particular general equilibrium modelling
- Firm grounding in mathematical/statistical applications such as Matlab, R, Ox, Gauss and Stata
- Proficiency in advanced programming languages such as Fortran, S, CUDA or similar would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of data services such as Bloomberg, Datastream or Haver would be an advantage
- Sound command of written and spoken English
We would like to increase the proportion of female staff at the Bundesbank and would therefore welcome applications from women with the appropriate qualifications. Where candidates are equally qualified for the position, preference will be given to applicants with a disability.
If you have any questions, please contact Malte Knüppel (+49 69 9566 2324) or Guido Schultefrankenfeld (+49 69 9566 8727) from the Research Centre or human resources manager Caren-Berit Rödiger (+49 69 9566 8433).
For more information, visit our website at http://www.bundesbank.de/Navigation/EN/Bundesbank/Career/career.html. We look forward to receiving your online application including cover letter, CV, study certificates including grades or your current academic transcript, and other supporting documentation, by 30 July 2017 quoting the reference number 2017_0474_02_econometricsociety.