Assistant Professor in Finance
Title: Assistant Professor in Finance
- Employer: Queensland University of Technology (School of Economics and Finance)
- Location: Australia
- Position Type: Assistant Professor
- Deadline: Dec 1, 2017
- Job Description:
The School of Economics and Finance at Queensland University of Technology (QUT) invites Expressions of Interest (EOI) in relation to one or more (tenure-track) positions as Assistant Professor (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer) in Finance. Promising candidates in Economics are also invited to apply.
The mission of the School is to provide cutting-edge research, teaching and knowledge transfer in the core areas of Economics and Finance. The School has a strong research orientation, with Finance staff publishing in highly rated international journals, including Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Business, Management Science, Journal of Corporate Finance, and Journal of Banking and Finance. Particular research areas that our Finance faculty are active in include asset pricing, corporate finance, corporate governance, analyst forecasts, and fund management.
The School has a vibrant programme for visitors, with many well-recognised international academics participating in workshop seminars, in teaching, and collaborating in research. The School is responsible for teaching at the undergraduate Economics and Finance majors as well as the Masters of Applied Finance. Through the QUT Graduate Business School, we also deliver classes to MBA courses and Executive Education programmes.
• A PhD in Finance at the time of taking up the position, with demonstrated academic research potential.
• Good verbal and written English language skills.
• A proven high ability in the use of analytical methods, including statistical techniques.
• A desire to strive for excellence in both teaching and research in Finance.
• The ability to work with world-class researchers.
QUT School of Economics and Finance will interview potential candidates for the position at the ASSA Annual Meeting in Philadelphia, PA, USA, in January 5-7, 2018. Based on the interviews, the School will invite a number of candidates to visit QUT for job talks. An assessment committee will evaluate the applicants after which preferred candidates will receive offers of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates must submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) via: http://goo.gl/e7zeek
The following material should be submitted:
• A cover letter,
• job market paper,
• additional research papers (optional),
• other relevant material in one file (for example teaching evaluations and diplomas),
• three (3) letters of recommendation.
Closing date for Expression of Interest: December 1, 2017
Please address inquiries to: Professor Pascalis Raimondos, Head of School of Economics and Finance, email@example.com
Information about the School may be found at https://www.qut.edu.au/business/about/schools/school-of-economics-and-finance
QUT is an equal opportunity employer.